The Community & Economic Development (CED) Committee is committed to advancing economic prosperity for the Town of Castine, its businesses and its residents. We work with a wide variety of community partners to create a local environment that stimulates balanced growth through job creation, business assistance, housing options, downtown revitalization and the development of a skilled workforce.
Castine is a supportive and welcoming community that offers a variety of recreational and cultural activities, reasonable access to transportation, and excellent public and private educational opportunities in the immediate area. Our diverse and well-educated workforce and heritage of hard work and ingenuity make us an attractive choice for businesses. As the home of Maine Maritime Academy, Castine is particularly appealing for those in the fields of marine services and technologies.
Whether you are interested in starting, growing or relocating your business, resources are available through Castine CED. Services provided include:
- Confidential one-on-one consulting
- Site selection assistance
- Navigation of permitting and licensing processes
- Referrals to private & non-profit resources for starting and growing businesses
- Financial assistance referrals
- Networking events
- Consultation in writing a business plan
- Business workshops
- Workforce development and staffing assistance
- Mentor matchmaking
- Facilitation of public/private partnerships
We are dedicated to meeting your business needs by focusing our resources and implementing creative approaches to assure the success of your project. For assistance, contact (207) 326-4502.